Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Yet Another Christmas!

So here we have our 5th and final celebration of Christmas for the year. Derek, Lindsey, and Isabella came over on Saturday so that we could celebrate Christmas with them. We first went to Happy Joes for Matthew and Cayden's birthday (one of the four pizza places we visited that week :) )! So this final celebration is when I noticed it got a little out of control for Cayden and thought to myself (and I guess out loud) that this was just too many presents for him to open in such a short period of time. He became a mad man tearing open presents and then automatically saying, "more presents", I think we may have to do things a little bit differently next year. I know it could be just because he is two, but seriously it freaked me out a little to see my child so out of control and selfish about the presents . . . we will just have to wait til next year and see what we will do :)!
Here is a present from Oma and Opa-a leapfrog microphone, he knew exactly what this was! I am sure we will get many songs from Cayden now :)!
Helping GG open her present-this is what I am talking about, going to whoever had a present and just tearing away-crazy kid!
"Wow"! A Thomas the Train book, thanks Oma and Opa! To add to the list he also got a Little People Farm set-super cute! Thanks Oma and Opa! From Isabella he got a new little guitar, to go along with his microphone, we will be a musical family :)-thanks guys!
Of course he was pumped to know that Uncle Derek got a Wii game . . . pure joy on this one!
Giving Oma (and Opa) their yearly calendar!
Attempting a picture of Isabella and Cayden. Here we have Bella kissing Cayden :)
I am pretty sure that this was the only picture of them both looking . . . pretty typical of a 7 month old and a almost 2 year old :)!
I had to take at least one picture of Cayden in his Christmas outfit :)! He looks like an angel here but that is because he is so worn out from tearing through the presents :)!
We hope and pray that everyone had a great Christmas filled with God's blessings! I guess as I think about how "selfish" Cayden became with the presents, I am more concerned with how we are raising him. I want him to know that the real reason for Christmas in Jesus's birth, not the presents and I guess that is why I was a little scared of the person he became as he was tearing all those packages open. This is just something that Matthew and I will have to continue to talk about as we raise our family and hopefully we will be able to convey to our children that Jesus is who we are celebrating!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

That's sooo cute when Bella is kissing Cayden!