Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Heading to Portland, OR
Well I found out this past weekend that I (Matthew) will be starting my final year-long internship in Portland, OR this coming fall. It is the final step before getting my doctorate in clinical psychology. I know I don't often contribute to this blog but I thought I would update it quickly for those who did not see Melissa's or my facebook page over the last couple of days. I am so thankful to God for leading us in this direction and for providing me with an internship among so much competition and craziness (if you don't know about what the whole "match" process is like, consider yourself lucky). I was able to get my first choice and feel very humbled and blessed when so many qualified individuals don't even get a spot. I realize that leaving the many friends Melissa, Cayden and I have made here over the past 4 years is going to be tough, but I am also excited about the possibilities we may find in Portland as well as the fact that we will be within driving distance of Melissa's family up in Seattle. My internship starts at the end of August, 2010 so I'm hoping that we can secure some housing and get up there some time earlier in the month. I just wanted to update those who didn't know and thank those who were in prayer with us throughout this whole process. I really appreciate it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats on getting your placement!! We are excited for you guys and although the transition might be tough it will be nice to be closer to family.
Post a Comment