Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Baby Boy De Haan #2 On the Way!

We are absolutely thrilled to announce that Cayden is going to be a big brother! We are due May 4th so we are 21 weeks along. I know this is really delayed news to some of you but with all we have been through with the miscarriages, I have been hesitant to announce it at all. But God has been gracious to us and has protected this baby so far and we are thrilled that everything looks good and that HE is healthy! That's right-Cayden will have a little brother although he insists that it is a sister, I am sure he will be happy to have someone to play sports with!
This was our 2nd look at our baby at about 8 weeks. We went in around 6 weeks for an early ultrasound to verify that the pregnancy was viable but they would not let us have any pictures since they were taken so early!
Me at 14 weeks with the proud big brother!
14 weeks-first belly picture-once again was hesitant to take pictures at all but finally decided it was time :)
17 weeks-not a great picture but I all of a sudden popped out, I hear this happens after your first baby and now I believe it :)!
Our baby at about 19 weeks-definitely a boy :)
Little feet
His fist
Sweet little profile-he is actually blowing bubbles. So our little boy would not sit still for the pictures and at one point Matthew asked the radiologist if this was more active than other babies and she said, definitely yes! I think we may be in for a real treat :)!
And boom! I am definitely pregnant all of a sudden. Me at about 20 1/2 weeks. Baby boy is moving a lot, healthy and we couldn't be more blessed!
Thank you God for our new precious gift-we know this is from you!

7 comments:

SPKarenO said...

So thrilled to see this announced!!! Happy for you all! Praying for a healthy happy pregnancy and delivery!

Andrea, said...

Woo! Hoo! Finally some belly pictures :). Alex was really crazy and active and he is totally sweet and mellow (for the most part) so maybe they get all their crazy out inside. :o)

Carly said...

YAY I am soooo excited for you; what a huge blessing! I'll be praying for continued pregnancy mercies. SO awesome!

Lindsay said...

You look beautiful! Such great pictures & truly giving thanks to God! Cayden will be a great big brother :)

Heather and Riley said...

Im so excited and happy for you and your family, prayers all goes well and cant wait to meet him soon!

Kelli TenHaken said...

Congrats!! I am glad you posted some belly pics. We are so happy for you all!

Love ya, Kelli

Dan and Sarah Carriere said...

Yeah Melissa! You look wonderful! Miss you so much and so excited for you that its a boy!