Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hanging Around Pella (or Oma's House)!

We had a very relaxing trip to Pella. We were able to spend a lot of quality time with Matthew's mom which was really good for us and good for Cayden to hang out with his Oma. He knows how to take over a house in a matter of minutes and quickly learns where everything is :)! While we were in Pella we had four different pizza places to go to and I am proud to say that we hit them all! Now we are on a break from pizza :)! Here are a few more pictures from our "adventures" in Pella!
A lot of our trip was spent hanging out at the house and playing Wii Fit! Cayden pretty much always wants to play Wii and would say, "Mere (Come here) Wii please" and then would take your hand, which usually guilted someone into playing with him!
Daddy playing the Wii . . .
and Cayden watching from the stairs :)
Until Daddy does something good then he gets a hug from Cayden :)
Cayden thoroughly enjoyed taking baths in Oma's big bath tub! He could literally swim in it and loved playing with all his new bath toys from GG :)!
Still eating the bubbles-I am afraid this will never end!
Looks pretty innocent here huh? :)
I forgot that we still opened stockings on New Years Day since it was forgotten on Christmas!
Some new bath paint, some little balls, and a paddle ball! Thanks Oma (and Opa)
On top of that he had to open a few birthday presents while he was there. I think we were continually opening presents!
Thanks GG!
Watching the snow outside!
I decided that I wanted a few pictures of us in the snow . . . we had to run out there and I think we got it all done in about 2 minutes for it was close to 0 degrees that day :)
Enjoying his few seconds outside!
Family picture in the snow!
In front of the house and Christmas decorations!
Although it was super cold outside, it was still so beautiful outside!
Ice cycles!
Beautiful!
Cayden inside coloring, he is now coloring in circular motions, good step in his coloring ability!
Opening a birthday present from Bella-yea! More books!
Hugging Bella, she wasn't so sure about this!
We got a decent picture!
With Aunt Lindsey, Cayden had to be wherever Bella went, which meant on her mommy's lap :)
Derek and Matthew with the kids!
Group shot!
On Saturday we flew back home to CA. We left IA when it was -10 degrees outside and came back to 75 degree weather, that was a good change!!
Watching the airplanes take off!
We had a great time with family and friends in Iowa! We are thankful that we had the opportunity to go there for awhile and spend some good quality time with everyone! Thanks Mom De Haan for everything while we were there! We had a lot of fun! Hope to see you guys again soon!!!

Now for the craziness the next few weeks as Matthew had interviews in Denver, CO and Portland, OR. Cayden and I are going to go along so that we (or at least I) can see where we may possibly living next year as well as for moral support for Matthew :)! We are also going to go to Seattle in between those places and drive down to Oregon! So this next few weeks are going to be filled with lots of excitement :)! We ask that you join us in prayer for Matthew's interviews and that God will open up doors for next year! We will keep everyone updated! Thanks for the prayers!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I love the family pictures in the snow...and the background of your blog. :)

Heather and Riley said...

So it was sort of chilly up there I see:p Bet your glad to be back home in the warm weather but I heard it was pretty cold in Oregon so good luck! Hope all goes well with the traveling cant wait to hear back from you about Oregon Im hopeing you go there:)