Matthew and I decided to take advantage of Memorial Day weekend since he had Monday off and head up to Seattle, drop the kids off at my parents house, and head up to Vancouver, BC to celebrate our 8 year anniversary a few weeks early!! Since Nolan had been born we had not been able to get away so it was a great time to just be able to hang out kid free for a few days and see some cool things!
We went to the Capilano Suspension Bridge that I had visited before and knew Matthew would like it so we went back!
The bridge in the background!
Self-portrait, we used to be so much better at this but don't do it very often that our skills were a bit rusty :)! Once you were across the bridge there was a tree-top adventure that you could go from tree to tree across different bridges to the platforms. It was pretty cool!Us on the bridge-it was pretty cool!
Since I had been there, they added a new Cliffwalk which is suspended out of the rocks and looks down into the river. A bit freaky for me but pretty cool as there were several points where you were walking on glass that just looked straight down!
And here we are on our actual anniversary: June 12! Since my brother, Brett, is living with us he offered to watch the boys while we went out for a nice dinner!
I am so blessed to be married to my best friend! He is an amazing husband and father, God could not have picked a better person for me! I am excited to see what these next 8 plus years are going to hold! I love you Matthew!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment